Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Your Destiny Awaits

"Your Destiny Awaits"
By: Riley Stonely

During the number of years of schooling that I have gone through, everything in my life has been a checklist. Especially at school. The normal routine of doing an assignment, turning it in, and getting a grade flows naturally to me. It has only been during the past two years that I have realized the importance of learning and not so much the grade. I was born to do many great things that are still to come, and fulfill some of them. One of the biggest things that helps me fulfill my destiny is determination. Determination and the right mind is the key to how I succeed.
During the early years of my life I was like any kid. Self-centered and demanding. Everything was about me. Now thanks to the help of many teachers and wonderful parents, I understand the meaning of sharing and caring. That is one part of my destiny. I believe that I am destined to help others and be one of the many saints in people's life's. Everyone can be just like me. We all have the potential to become something great, and sometimes "great" means being the person who sits in the shade and lays back to enjoy the joy of others. I feel like that is who I am. Others grow up to be a superstar or movie star. Those people are great, and some of them earn their way up to become great. Others follow their hearts and never quite. That is what I am doing. I am determined to never give up on anything and to help others realize that they can do the same by following my heart.
The only thing stopping me from becoming great is the normal routine of a check list. Throwing the check list out can change the way that I look at every aspect of my life. I can also influence others, and help them to receive determination.
Many people hate their parents and say that they "don't understand." I feel like my parents are a big factor of my success. They support me and help me with everything. They are a big help in determining who I am. The next time that you feel like your parents "don't understand," just look into the future and try to picture what the outcome of the situation will turn out to be. If you don't see what they are trying to influence, then its up to you who you become. Try to make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. Your reflection is an honor to your parents.

    Kudos to you for realizing the positive effects of a check list but also the benefits of throwing it out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete